Last Updated: Apr 11, 2018     Views: 18

The USAHEC does not hold individual service members records. Such records as might exist for Revolutionary War Soldiers may be found in the National Archives (NARA) in Washington D.C. or in the relevant State Archives.

Documentation of individual Soldiers service during the period was limited. Anything approaching an individual Service record of modern periods simply wasn't recognized or maintained.  Documentation of service may be nothing more than an entry on a muster roll. Another alternative is to submit a request to NARA for a Pension Record.

You may request copies of Pension Records or older military service records from NARA. Older military personnel records (generally prior to 1917) are on file at:

Textual Archives Services Division
Washington, DC 20408

Related Topics