Last Updated: Mar 27, 2020     Views: 11

For Unit operational records, 1917-1954; from 1954 through Vietnam; and for units that served in Southeast Asia; you will want to contact:

Archives II Textual Reference Branch
National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740



For post-Vietnam Unit Operational Records: Army records are managed under an approved National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) records disposition schedule. These records schedules tell an agency when to transfer permanent records to NARA or when they can legally dispose of non-permanent records. The general rule of thumb is if Army records are older than 30 years and not needed to conduct agency business, they should have been transferred into NARA's custody.

Anything less than 30 years but older than one year will most likely still be retained by the:

U.S. Army Records Management Declassification Agency

Room 102, Casey Building

7701 Telegraph Road Alexandria, VA 22315


Related Topics

    Submit a New Question

    PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT: Disclosure of your contact information is voluntary. We solicit it for the sole purpose of responding to your request.
    Your Info

    Please do not submit Personally Identifiable (Social Security, Serial Number, DD214 etc.) Information on this form.

    Fields marked with * are required.